The LGBTI Legal Service Inc. develops parliamentary submissions that are created when we identify an area of the law that should be changed or removed because it is discriminatory to LGBTI people. The submissions are in-depth research projects that identify the specific discriminatory components of an Act, discuss the impact on the community, provide recommendations on how to change the law and provide advice on how to implement any of the aforementioned recommendations.
Below is a list of past and current submissions made by the LGBTI Legal Service.
- ADOPTION SUBMISSION (PDF, 187.6 KB)
- AGE OF CONSENT DISCUSSION PAPER (PDF, 434.9 KB)
- AGE OF CONSENT SUBMISSION (PDF, 170.0 KB)
- CIVIL UNIONS SUBMISSION (PDF, 126.5 KB)
- EXPUNGEMENT OF PAST CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS DISCUSSION PAPER (PDF, 618.4 KB)
- HUMAN RIGHTS ACT SUBMISSION (PDF, 340.2 KB)
- PROVOCATION SUBMISSION (PDF, 295.3 KB)
- QLRC submission – expunging criminal convictions (PDF, 296.5 KB)
- RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT SUBMISSION (PDF, 424.7 KB)